Well, in less than 24 hours our Guatemala Mission Team will embark on its latest journey. Wednesday, June 22 at 9a they will be "leavin' on a jet plane" to Dallas/FrtWrth then onto Guatemala City for a 10 day trip that will take them to the heart of Chimaltenago, then onto the wet mountains of coffee country in Coban (two familiar staples of northwesterners) then finally to the antiquated beauty of Antigua. To say the team members are excited is an understatement. The planning for this trip began last fall under the leadership of Nancy Laswell and Ted Christensen, both experienced team members. Over the past several months the team has gathered for meetings and team building exercises as well as hosted several fund raisers. Now comes the time when they will reap the benefit of their hard work, and God's enduring grace and mercy.
The team is asking for your prayers for safe travel, health, stamina, calm weather (and volcanoes), countless blessings and Godincidences, and that the members will truly be the hands and feet of Jesus. While in Guatemala the they will build a house, distribute wheelchairs, clothing, food, water filters and vitamins, and spend time with disabled children and youth in a hospital oprhanage. Here is their itinerary while in Guatemala with Bethel Ministries International:
- June 22 Travel from Seattle to Guatemala City
- June 23 Load truck in Chimaltenago then head out to Coban
- June 24 Put floor in the house build and distribute food and clothing in the afternoon
- June 25 Wheelchair Distribution
- June 26 Church then housebuild
- June 27 Travel to Antigua
- June 28 Hermano Pedro Hospital children and youth wards (take some of them to lunch!)
- June 29 Hermano Pedro Hospital children and youth wards
- June 30 Hope Haven wheelchair distribution / New Life with Education (Christian school for the disabled)
- July 1 Return to Seattle
The team will be writing and posting pictures in this blog during their journey, so be sure to check back to see what they are up to in Guatemala. Adiós y que Dios bendiga.