Here are links to a few sites that offer practical advice on various parenting topics.
- Birds + Bees + Kids - Birds + Bees + KidsŪ helps take the sting out of talking to your kids about sex, love and relationships.
- Parenting 411 - Parenting411.com deals with behavioral and emotional issues that may be overtaking the lives of your teen.
- Parenting Tool Box - Helping parents raise stronger families.
- Parenting.org - Valuable resources, articles and stories offering parenting help in today's world.
- Children with Special Needs - Special needs site run by parents for parents.
- Families.com - Parenting. Relationships. Community
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
Welcome to Parent Link. Raising a family can be a major challenge for any parent or guardian. At St. John's we believe that one of our most important responsibilities is to support families like yours on their faith journey. On this page is helpful information to support your family's life in Christ. There are articles, links and resources to foster spiritual growth, support and nurture parenting skills and to provide a much needed laugh or two. Take a moment to browse this page, and come back from time to time to find updated material. And if you have a link or helpful information to share, please contact the church office and we will take your suggestion into consideration.
The Bible according to children:
The greatest miracle in the Bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him!
In the first book of the bible, Guinessis, God got tired of creating the world, so he took the Sabbath off.
Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree.
Noah's wife was called Joan of Ark. Noah built an ark, which the animals come on to in pears.
Lot's wife was a pillar of salt by day, but a ball of fire by night.
St. Paul cavorted to Christianity. He preached holy acrimony, which is another name for marriage.
Christians have only one spouse. This is called monotony
The epistles were the wives of the apostles.
Inspiring and Teaching Compassion to Children
Volunteer together as a family. Helping others in need can bring about an incredible sense of pride and fulfillment within people. So why not use these feelings of pride and accomplishment to help build lasting family ties and memories.
Talk about the importance of giving. Family dinners are a great place to have casual conversations about giving to others in need and to plan the next family volunteer event.
Talk or read about heroes and what it means to be one. Heroes can be someone at a local, national, or international level. Talking and learning about heroes helps to inspire family members to do great things with their skills and talents.
Visit www.familieswithpurpose.com for more information.
A call to the church to respond in new and intentional ways to Christ's mandate to care for, bless, and bring all children close to him.
A calendar of events for families of all ages.
Eastside Area Family Resources
- Eastside Mother's Club - Provides friendship, community, fun, education, and mutual support for mothers and their children (ages birth through five years)
- Parent Map - The intelligent, trusted, essential resource for Puget Sound-area parents
- YES - Youth Eastside Services - A lifeline for kids and families coping with challenges such as emotional distress, substance abuse and violence
- Child Care Resources of King County - Promotes school readiness, a stable community and equity for children by building a quality child care system
- Explore Kirkland - Official tourism site of the City of Kirkland